Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year from HVCS!

Welcome to my blog! This is designed for current and prospective families of HVCS.  The blogs I share sometimes will be about school and education, sometimes about something I read from the Bible recently, and sometimes something going on with me and my family.  I hope you enjoy and will visit often!  I will have posts most weeks.

2011 is upon us and I am very excited about what this year will bring us as a school family at Hickory Valley Christian School. I hope soon you will see some changes in our facilities that will get you as excited about the 2011-2012 school year at HVCS as I am!  This month (January) we will have parent coffees for current families and I will share some of the new things planned :).  I feel you will be really pleased!  Save these dates for our parent coffees:
- Upcoming 4-5th graders- 8:15 a.m. on Jan. 11th
- Upcoming 1st-3rd graders- 8:15 a.m. on Jan. 18th
- Upcoming K4-K5- 8:15 a.m. on Jan. 25th

As we prepare for re-enrollment, here are a couple of resources for your review that validate who we are--- a Christ-centered school with small class sizes and is by design only going to grow to just over 200 students.

- Small class size- http://privateschool.about.com/od/choosingaschool/qt/sizematters.htm, http://www.edpriorities.org/Info/SmallerClass/Smaller_FS.Benefit.html - The bottom line in these articles is that small class sizes, especially in the younger grades equals greater achievement up through high school!

For His Glory,
Jack Exum

No comments:

Post a Comment